Regional Reduced Fare Permit
The Regional Reduced Fare Program offers reduced fare cards to those individuals qualified through an application process.
Regional Reduced Fare Applications are accepted at our administrative offices Monday through Friday from 9am until 5pm, however cards are only issued at the Haines Place Transit Center. You must have a completed application and photo ID. The cost of the Regional Reduced Fare Card is $3.00. Haines Place Customer Service will take your photograph which will be printed on your card. Based on your circumstances, your card may be permanent or temporary. Please click on the links below to view the Regional Reduced Fare Brochure and application. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Customer Service at 385-4777. You can print out an application below or pick one up at our offices.
The Regional Reduced Fare Permit is a cooperative program developed through the Puget Sound Regional Council with support from the Federal Transit Administration and public agencies in the Puget Sound Region.
To qualify for a permanent Regional Reduced Fare Permit, you must:
be 65 years of age or older; or
- be currently certified by the Veterans Administration at a 40 percent or greater disability level; or
- have valid Regional ADA paratransit card; or
- have an obvious physical impairment(s) meeting medical conditions for the program; or
- have certification from a physician, psychiatrist, psychologist, advanced registered nurse practitioner, physician assistant or audiologist as meeting one or more of the medical conditions established for this program; or
- have a Washington Department of Licensing issued identification card for a disabled parking placard and another government photo ID
You can qualify for a temporary Regional Reduced Fare Permit if you:
- are currently eligible for Social Security Disability benefits (SSDI) or Supplemental Social Security (SSI) due to a disability; or
- have a valid Medicare card from the Social Security Administration; or
- have a valid ADA paratransit card from outside the region; or
- currently participate in a vocational career program with the Washington State Individual Education Program (IEP)
Personal care attendant:
One personal care attendant (PCA) can ride for free with a reduced-fare passenger, the PCA must get on and off with the reduced-fare passenger. The reduced-fare passenger must have a RRFP with “PCA” on the card.
If you would like an application mailed to you, please fill out the form below. Thank you.