When road conditions are snowy or icy, it is common for Jefferson Transit to operate using snow routes instead of regular routing in areas that are susceptible.
- Always check rider alerts for buses that may be on a deviation route.
- A rider alert will post website each weekday by 5:30am and on weekends by 8:00am, indicating which routes will be deviated.
- Rider Alerts are updated Periodically throughout the day
- Check your buses current snow route deviation maps (see below)
Winter Weather Tips:
- Give yourself plenty of time to get to your bus stop.
- Use bus stops on main arterial streets
- If your stop is on a hill, wait for the bus at the top or bottom of the hill, not the middle.
- Buses may run late, please anticipate that it may take longer to reach your destination.
- Your bus may slide when it stops. When you see the bus, step back from the curb on the sidewalk or grass. Wait until the bus some to a complete stop then approach the door.
- Dress warmly.
Below is a link to our Emergency Operations Plan and links to maps of alternate snow routes for each route. Please click each link to view documents.
- 2 Fort Worden Snow Routing Map
- 3 Castle Hill Snow Routing Map
- 6A Tri-Area Snow Routing Map
- 6B Tri-Area Snow Routing Map
- 7 Poulsbo Snow Routing Map
- 8 Sequim Snow Routing Map
- 11A Shuttle Snow Routing Map
- 11B Shuttle Snow Routing Map
When travelling during inclement weather, please plan ahead. If you are making connections, please contact your connecting agency before departure to ensure there will be a ride waiting for you on the other end. Please plan to leave early and to anticipate a wait time. Many routes are behind schedule to ensure safe driving. Below is a list of connecting agencies for your convenience.